23 Things They Don't Tell You About Capitalism
- Author: Ha-Joon Chang
- Year: 10-12-2015
- Translator From English: Ina Dimitrova
- Availability: Out Of Stock
- Product Code: 1645-01
- SKU: 31.0047
- ISBN: 978-619-152-739-7
- Read an excerpt:
At an office of Econt 4.00 BGN
At personal address - 6.00 BGN
In order to read our eBooks you have to download Adobe Digital Editions and register on the Adobe website as well. The DRM protected eBooks can not be converted or read on Amazon Kindle devices.
Ha-Joon Chang's 23 Things They Don't Tell You About Capitalism turns received economic wisdom on its head to show you how the world really works.
In this revelatory book, Ha-Joon Chang destroys the biggest myths of our times and shows us an alternative view of the world, including:
- There's no such thing as a 'free' market
- Globalization isn't making the world richer
- We don't live in a digital world - the washing machine has changed lives more than the internet
- Poor countries are more entrepreneurial than rich ones
- Higher paid managers don't produce better results
We don't have to accept things as they are any longer. Ha-Joon Chang is here to show us there's a better way.
"Lively, accessible and provocative ... read this book"
- Sunday Times
"A witty and timely debunking of some of the biggest myths surrounding the global economy"
"The new kid on the economics block ... Chang's iconoclastic attitude has won him fans"
-Independent on Sunday
"Lucid ... audacious ... increasingly influential ... will provoke physical symptoms of revulsion if you are in any way involved in high finance"
"Important ... persuasive ... an engaging case for a more caring era of globalization"
- Financial Times
"A must-read ... incisive and entertaining"
- New Statesman Books of the Year
About the Author
|Translator||From English: Ina Dimitrova|
|Genre||Banking System & Finance, Economics, Capital & Funds|