50 Great Myths of Popular Psychology: Shattering Widespread Misconceptions about Human Behavior
- Author: Authors Collective
- Year: 25-06-2012
- Translator from English: Mariana Hristova
- Availability: Out Of Stock
- Product Code: 944-01
- SKU: 31.0021
- ISBN: 978-619-152-064-0
- Read an excerpt:
At an office of Econt 3.60 BGN
At personal address - 6.00 BGN
Free shipping in Bulgaria for orders above 50 BGN. to an Econt office
In order to read our eBooks you have to download Adobe Digital Editions and register on the Adobe website as well. The DRM protected eBooks can not be converted or read on Amazon Kindle devices.
50 Great Myths of Popular Psychology uses popular myths as a vehicle for helping students and laypersons to distinguish science from pseudoscience.
- Uses common myths as a vehicle for exploring how to distinguish factual from fictional claims in popular psychology
- Explores topics that readers will relate to, but often misunderstand, such as 'opposites attract', 'people use only 10% of their brains', and 'handwriting reveals your personality'
- Provides a 'mythbusting kit' for evaluating folk psychology claims in everyday life
- Teaches essential critical thinking skills through detailed discussions of each myth
- Includes over 200 additional psychological myths for readers to explore
- Contains an Appendix of useful Web Sites for examining psychological myths
- Features a postscript of remarkable psychological findings that sound like myths but that are true
- Engaging and accessible writing style that appeals to students and lay readers alike
|Translator||from English: Mariana Hristova|
|Genre||Consciousness & Subconsciousness, Verbal & Non-Verbal Communication, Educational Psychology, Brain & Thinking, Influence & Persuasion|