Untangled. Guiding Teenage Girls Through the Seven Transitions into Adulthood
- Author: Lisa Damour
- Year: 22-04-2019
- Translator from English: Detelina Ivanova
- Availability: In Stock
- Product Code: 2299-01
- SKU: 12.0053
- ISBN: 978-619-01-0403-2
- Read an excerpt:
At an office of Econt 4.00 BGN
At personal address - 6.00 BGN
Free shipping in Bulgaria for orders above 50 BGN. to an Econt office
In order to read our eBooks you have to download Adobe Digital Editions and register on the Adobe website as well. The DRM protected eBooks can not be converted or read on Amazon Kindle devices.
NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER • Lisa Damour, Ph.D., director of the internationally renowned Laurel School's Center for Research on Girls, pulls back the curtain on the teenage years and shows why your daughter's erratic and confusing behavior is actually healthy, necessary, and natural. Untangled explains what's going on, prepares parents for what's to come, and lets them know when it's time to worry.
In this sane, highly engaging, and informed guide for parents of daughters, Dr. Damour draws on decades of experience and the latest research to reveal the seven distinct—and absolutely normal—developmental transitions that turn girls into grown-ups, including Parting with Childhood, Contending with Adult Authority, Entering the Romantic World, and Caring for Herself. Providing realistic scenarios and welcome advice on how to engage daughters in smart, constructive ways, Untangled gives parents a broad framework for understanding their daughters while addressing their most common questions, including
• My thirteen-year-old rolls her eyes when I try to talk to her, and only does it more when I get angry with her about it. How should I respond?
• Do I tell my teen daughter that I'm checking her phone?
• My daughter suffers from test anxiety. What can I do to help her?
• Where's the line between healthy eating and having an eating disorder?
• My teenage daughter wants to know why I'm against pot when it's legal in some states. What should I say?
• My daughter's friend is cutting herself. Do I call the girl's mother to let her know?
Perhaps most important, Untangled helps mothers and fathers understand, connect, and grow with their daughters. When parents know what makes their daughter tick, they can embrace and enjoy the challenge of raising a healthy, happy young woman.
About the Author
|Translator||from English: Detelina Ivanova|
|Genre||Relationships, Personal Development, Pedagogy, Parenting & Child Development, Educational Psychology|