The Bitch in the House
- Author: Cathi Hanauer
- Year: 27-11-2004
- Translator from English: Maria Petrova
- Availability: Out Of Stock
- Product Code: 60-01
- SKU: 11.0087
- ISBN: 954-321-043-8
At an office of Econt 4.00 BGN
At personal address - 6.00 BGN
In order to read our eBooks you have to download Adobe Digital Editions and register on the Adobe website as well. The DRM protected eBooks can not be converted or read on Amazon Kindle devices.
Virginia Woolf introduced us to the “Angel in the House”, now prepare to meet...The Bitch In the House.
Women today have more choices than at any time in history, yet many smart, ambitious, contemporary women are finding themselves angry, dissatisfied, stressed out. Why are they dissatisfied? And what do they really want? These questions form the premise of this passionate, provocative, funny, searingly honest collection of original essays in which twenty-six women writers—ranging in age from twenty-four to sixty-five, single and childless or married with children or four times divorced—invite readers into their lives, minds, and bedrooms to talk about the choices they’ve made, what’s working, and what’s not.
With wit and humor, in prose as poetic and powerful as it is blunt and dead-on, these intriguing women offer details of their lives that they’ve never publicly revealed before, candidly sounding off on:
• The difficult decisions and compromises of living with lovers, marrying, staying single and having children
• The perpetual tug of war between love and work, family and career
• The struggle to simultaneously care for ailing parents and a young family
• The myth of co-parenting
• Dealing with helpless mates and needy toddlers
• The constrictions of traditional women’s roles as well as the cliches of feminism
• Anger at laid-back live-in lovers content to live off a hardworking woman’s checkbook
• Anger at being criticized for one’s weight
• Anger directed at their mothers, right and wrong
• And–well–more anger...
About the Author
|Translator||from English: Maria Petrova|
|Genre||Relationships, Self-Knowledge & Self-Help, Women's Fiction, Humor|