Stumbling on Happiness
- Author: Daniel Gilbert
- Year: 20-11-2009
- Translator from English: Anna Hristova
- Availability: Out Of Stock
- Product Code: 513-01
- SKU: 11.0021
- ISBN: 978-954-321-360-3
At an office of Econt 4.00 BGN
At personal address - 6.00 BGN
In order to read our eBooks you have to download Adobe Digital Editions and register on the Adobe website as well. The DRM protected eBooks can not be converted or read on Amazon Kindle devices.
Bringing to life scientific research in psychology, cognitive neuroscience, philosophy, and behavioral economics, this bestselling book reveals what scientists have discovered about the uniquely human ability to imagine the future, and about our capacity to predict how much we will like it when we get there.
• Why are lovers quicker to forgive their partners for infidelity than for leaving dirty dishes in the sink?
• Why will sighted people pay more to avoid going blind than blind people will pay to regain their sight?
• Why do dining companions insist on ordering different meals instead of getting what they really want?
• Why do pigeons seem to have such excellent aim; why can’t we remember one song while listening to another; and why does the line at the grocery store always slow down the moment we join it?
In this brilliant, witty, and accessible book, renowned Harvard psychologist Daniel Gilbert describes the foibles of imagination and illusions of foresight that cause each of us to misconceive our tomorrows and misestimate our satisfactions. With penetrating insight and sparkling prose, Gilbert explains why we seem to know so little about the hearts and minds of the people we are about to become.
About the Author
Tags: Relationships, Intelligence, Brain & Thinking, Verbal & Non-Verbal Communication, Self-Knowledge & Self-Help, Consciousness & Subconsciousness, The Way to Happiness
|Translator||from English: Anna Hristova|
|Genre||Relationships, Intelligence, Brain & Thinking, Verbal & Non-Verbal Communication, Self-Knowledge & Self-Help, Consciousness & Subconsciousness, The Way to Happiness|