The Genius of Play: Celebrating the Spirit of Childhood
- Author: Sally Jenkinson
- Year: 07-11-2013
- Translator From English: Gayane Minasyan
- Availability: Out Of Stock
- Product Code: 1214-01
- SKU: 04.0025
- ISBN: 978-619-152-327-6
- Read an excerpt:
At an office of Econt 4.00 BGN
At personal address - 6.00 BGN
In order to read our eBooks you have to download Adobe Digital Editions and register on the Adobe website as well. The DRM protected eBooks can not be converted or read on Amazon Kindle devices.
When children play, they become creators, dreamers, and artists. Sticks become wands, swords, dolls, or snakes. Children move like quick fire from the fantastic to the everyday, when free to express the genius of play.
The Genius of Play addresses what play is, why it matters, and how modern life endangers children's play. Moving, vivid stories reveal the secrets of play. Here is an outspoken Children’s Play Charter for parents and teachers, which celebrates the playful spirit of childhood.
The author answers questions such as:
- What do children express in their play?
- How does play help develop empathy and social skills?
- How are children influenced by in appropriate toys, TV, and consumerism?
- How does play develop children's imagination?
- Why do children need adults who encourage play?
- How do creative childhood players become good adult thinkers?
Sally Jenkinson's perceptive observations will inform and delight parents and teachers who want to gain more insight into the secrets of children's play.
About the Author
|Translator||From English: Gayane Minasyan|
|Genre||Intelligence, Personal Development, Educational Psychology, Pedagogy, Mental Health, Parenting & Child Development, Social Psychology, Methodology & Pedagogy, Preschool Еducation|